Below are links to major speeches by Department officials, publications, articles, and reports that cover a full range of issues pertaining to career and technical education.
- Department Reports
- International Reports
- Articles & Publications
- OCTAE Connection
View the OECD report (PDF, 1.7 MB)
This page contains links to resources created and maintained by outside organizations that may be useful to the reader. The Department is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein. Inclusion of this information does not constitute an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education of any products or services offered or views expressed.
- Presidential Memorandum — Job-Driven Training for Workers
- In State of the Union, Obama Outlines Bold Education Proposals to Grow the Middle Class (Cameron Brenchley, Homeroom, February 2013)
- America's Misplaced Disdain for Vocational Education (The Economist, Jun 17th 2010 | WAUNAKEE, WISCONSIN)
- Aligning Targeted Industry Strategies to Increase Economic Competitiveness and Worker Success (A Concept Paper by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and the Corporation for a Skilled Workforce, March 2010)
- Translating VET Issues in the United States for International Reviewers. (Nancy Hoffman, Jobs for the Future, November 2009)
- Help Wanted: Postsecondary Education and Training Required. (Anthony P. Carnevale, Jeff Strohl, and Nicole Smith, Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce, Summer 2009)
- Up to the Challenge
- Pathways to Prosperity: Meeting the Challenge of Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century (Harvard Graduate School of Education, February 2011)