Each eligible agency that desires assistance for any fiscal year under the Perkins V Act must prepare and submit a State plan and, in subsequent years, State plan revisions, to the Secretary. State plans must include the following information:
- A cover page, including a letter providing joint signature authority from the Governor;
- Narrative descriptions required by statute;
- Assurances, certifications, and other forms required by statute and/or applicable Federal regulations, including the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) at 34 CFR Part 76;
- A budget for the upcoming year; and
- State determined levels of performance (SDPLs).
A State may choose to submit its State plan and revisions as part of its Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Combined State Plan. The Department has developed a Perkins V State Plan Guide and related resources to help States meet their State plan requirements.
- Secretary DeVos Approves First Wave of Perkins Career and Technical Education State Plans – HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, and NH
- Secretary DeVos Approves Second Wave of Perkins Career and Technical Education State Plans – GA, IA, MI, MT, ND, OR, SD, VT, and WY