April 19, 2019
Below is a message that was sent by the Department’s EDFacts team to all EDFacts submitters. As a reminder, States have the option to submit their data on the secondary core indicators of performance under Perkins V through the EDFacts system or the CAR portal. If your State will use the EDFacts option, please carefully review the EDFacts Information Collection Package as provided below and comment as necessary.
Please note that States will submit their data on the postsecondary core indicators under Perkins V through the CAR portal. As such, postsecondary data specifications under Perkins V have been removed from the EDFacts Information Collection Package.
If you need further information or clarification, please contact your Perkins Regional Coordinator.
Sharon Lee Miller
Director, Division of Academic and Technical Education
The proposed EDFacts Information Collection package for SY 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 is again available for review and 30-day public comment. The announcement is in the Federal Register at: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/04/08. Copies may be accessed at the following link: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ED-2018-ICCD-0117-0150.
Select "Open Docket Folder" and scroll down to "Supporting Documents" and choose "Forms and Instructions (30D FRN)" and "Supporting Statements (30D FRN)" for the documents posted on April, 8, 2019.
Comments in response to this notice must be submitted electronically through www.regulations.gov. The 30-day public comment period closes on May 8, 2019.
EDFacts collects data on behalf of U.S. Department of Education (ED) grant and program offices. The proposed package includes pre-kindergarten through grade 12 performance data about students, schools, staff, services, and educational outcomes at the state, district, and school levels. Approximately 160 data groups are included in the proposed package and respondents include all 50 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, outlying areas and freely associated states, the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE).
The proposed package includes current and new data requirements, changes to existing collections, and deletions. The full package includes two supporting statements and six attachments:
- Attachment A: Data Groups and Categories (Excel and PDF) – All of the data groups and categories collected from State Education Agencies presented as an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the type of changes (i.e. new, revised, retired, no changes) to the data group and category. This attachment is also available as a printable PDF document.
- Attachment B: Directory – A detailed description of the items that make up the directory of EDFacts, or the lists of schools and districts and their descriptive elements.
- Attachment C: EMAPS Collections – A complete list of surveys and questions for the metadata collections that are included as part of EDFacts.
- Attachment D: Directed Questions – There are no directed questions for the 30-day package.
- Attachment E: Overview and Information to Assist Reviewers – An explanation of the EDFacts data set to assist reviewers.
- Attachment F: Response to 60-Day Public Comments – A summary of the public comments and the response from the U.S. Department of Education.
We encourage sharing this information packet within the state including state superintendents, program offices, and local education agencies.
For questions related to collection activities or burden, please call Kashka Kubzdela at 202-245-7377. Please do not send comments to PSC.
EDFacts Partner Support Center
Telephone: 877-457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN)
Federal Relay Service: 800-877-0996 (Voice/TTY) / email@example.com