CTE Directors and WBL Coordinators
Below is a series of self-assessment questions to consider as you expand student pathways to success. If you have additional recommendations or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How does your school incorporate various types of work-based learning (including: industry sponsored projects, service learning, school-based enterprises, internships, etc.) within the curriculum?
- Does your school have a formal process to collect employer input on curriculum and program development/improvement?
- Are your school’s instructional staff and counselors informed about work-based learning opportunities?
- Are you encouraging teachers to serve as Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) advisors?
- Does your school support educators to participate in company visits, professional learning or skills training, or teacher externships?
- How does your school strategically recruit employers to expand work-based learning opportunities?
- How is information about career & technical education programs shared with middle school teachers, counselors, students and their families?
- What steps are you taking to ensure that your CTE programs are academically rigorous and offer high-wage, in-demand, industry-recognized credentials?
- How is student achievement data for college and careers shared with the community and/or your school board?