Below is a series of self-assessment questions to consider as you expand student pathways to success. If you have additional recommendations or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you established a postsecondary attainment goal that is inclusive of credential and degree attainment, registered apprenticeship, on-the-job workforce training, and military service?
- Have you formed an interagency committee to connect K12, higher education, and workforce?
- Have you worked with community stakeholders to develop college and career readiness goals that include things like high school graduation, FAFSA completion, and postsecondary matriculation and completion?
- Do your K12 (via ESSA) and youth workforce (via Perkins and WIOA) accountability systems prioritize career and college readiness?
- Does your state incentivize or provide support to employers to engage in work-based learning opportunities or youth employment?
- Does your state provide support to employers or groups of employers through industry associations, unions, or chambers to coordinate education and training programs at the local, regional, or state levels?
- Does your state provide financial support for students to participate in college and career courses, including dual enrollment, CTE, and work-based learning?
- How does your state share information to schools/educators on which industry sectors and occupations are strategic for economic and workforce development?
- Do state agencies have the ability to hire paid interns or support other forms of work-based learning?