Below is a series of self-assessment questions to consider as you expand student pathways to success. If you have additional recommendations or feedback, please email: email@example.com.
- How are teacher professional learning communities using student and school data to break down barriers to student participation in dual enrollment, work-based learning, and career credential opportunities?
- How are teachers and school counselors supported to understand the various types of postsecondary opportunities that exist for youth (including: registered apprenticeships, workforce training, military service, community and technical colleges, and four-year institutions)?
- Does your school partner with community-based organizations or other groups to extend the school day and/or support out-of-school time instruction in college and career readiness?
- How does your school counseling office use student college and career readiness data to inform their work and outreach to students and their families?
- Do you provide information and resources for families and guardians to help students prepare for college and careers, including workshops on college and financial aid assistance?
- Do you facilitate opportunities for academic and CTE teachers to participate in cross-disciplinary planning and teaching?
- How does your school partner with community-based organizations, social or civic organizations, or other support services to extend the types of wrap around services that are available to students and their families?