Below is a series of self-assessment questions to consider as you expand student pathways to success. If you have additional recommendations or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you participate in a professional learning community that supports you in aligning academic content with career and technical education?
- Have you encouraged students to talk with their school counselor and/or CTE Coordinator regarding work-based learning and dual enrollment opportunities?
- Have you created opportunities for students to discuss their individualized learning plan with you?
- Have you provided opportunities for students to explore different careers via guest speakers, office visits, digital tools, etc. to encourage real-world relevance?
- Do you offer and encourage students to participate in work-based learning connected to their career interests?
- Do you ensure regular communication with parents and guardians about work-based learning, dual enrollment, and industry-recognized credentials?
- How have you incorporated soft skills or employability skills as part of your curriculum? How are these skills measured?
- How are you connecting with business and industry partners?
- Are key milestones and developmentally appropriate deadlines for college and career posted in visible locations around your classroom? Do you share information or reminders to students and their families on these topics?